Merriam-Webster's Intermediate Thesaurus

Merriam-Webster's Intermediate Thesaurus Reviews



More Picture


We homeschool our 2 kids (ages 8 11) and my 11 year old needed something on his level and this fit his style and level and will be able to keep him for a couple of years.br /br /I'll leave that part up there so you can see my very basic original review. In the past year we find ourselves looking up more and more online vs using this dictionary. Though both kids can and do use it - a lot of the vocabulary words we seem to need are not even listed making it frustrating for both of us. We have an older dictionary which I make them use just so they know how - but instead of investing in this one - I would save money, get an older dictionary, then let them look up words on-line. I can find so many other places to spend my at this point - but we still keep this one around.

Merriam-Webster's Intermediate Thesaurus Feature

  • EACH
This all-new thesaurus, created for students in middle grades and junior high school, contains synonyms, antonyms, related and contrasted words, and idiomatic phrases. Brief definitions for shared meanings and abundant usage examples help students find the right word every time.


Go tO Store Now !!

More Products

More Reviews

GREAT RESOURCE - Joseph H. Race - SAIPAN, MP United States
Glad I bought this resource for the whole family to use and enjoy. I bounces from child to child, and then up to mom and dad, and then to the neighbor. It's used almost every day and is already showing some signs of being dog-eared, but the strong binding is holding up well. A great resource for every household.



Oct 29, 2010 03:06:05

0 comments:

Post a Comment