The American Heritage Student Thesaurus

The American Heritage Student Thesaurus Reviews



More Picture


My children and I absolutely love this thesaurus! We didn't really use a thesaurus much until we started The Institute For Excellence in Writing student writing program. The only thesaurus we had was one I bought when I was in highschool. Most thesauruses don't help the children know which synonyms are good for their context or not. This one does an absolutley superb job! I am greatly impressed. br /Now when we edit our work, we do it to everything not just writing class, and it is much more enjoyable. I don't have to hear "but it was in the thesaurus". There is a sentence for each set of common context synonyms to assist in choosing the correct synonym (or antonym). br /As a homeschooling mom I have to say this is a must have reference tool, it adds so much clarity to such a vague concept for children. I like it so much we now have 2!br /br /My 4th grader: It's easier to use, it's totally cool! The words are bigger. It tells you what words don't have synonyms so you don't go looking. (There are blocks called Word Groups. Words that are associated but not really synonyms are located throughout the book in blue blocks with descriptions. For example: if you look up lizard, instead of finding synonyms, you get a blue word group block with the words chameleon, gecko, gila monster, and iguana.)br /br /My 2nd Grader: It separates them so you don't get mixed up so your teacher doesn't tell you your sentence is wrong.

The American Heritage Student Thesaurus Feature

  • Sold As: Each
This is the definitive thesaurus for middle school and high school students. No other book at this level offers as many synonyms, example sentences, or features.BR• 6,000 main entries, with more than 70,000 synonyms in allBR• Clear example sentences for every meaning of every entry wordBR• Word Group features include related vocabulary for words with no true BRsynonyms


Go tO Store Now !!

More Products

More Reviews

Pricy but good for kids - L. Sowin -
My 10-year-old really enjoys using this to look up words. There have been times when we could not find certain words though. So parents should have a regular thesaurus for backup.

excellent tool - Sandra H. Waldman - Delray Beach, Florida
I sent this thesaurus to my 9 year old granddaughter. She absolutely loves it. It is very complete, in large type easy to read, and a wonderful companion to the dictionary I purchased for her. Her story writing and vocabulary has certainly improved.


Nov 06, 2010 07:23:11

0 comments:

Post a Comment